StoreSafe protects you from:
Fire, smoke damage, lightning, explosion, windstorm, hurricane, tornado, water damage (excluding flood), hail, theft accompanied by forcible and violent entry or exit, riot, strike, civil commotion, malicious damage, vandalism, subsidence, building collapse, sinkhole collapse, falling objects, weight of snow, ice or sleet, impact by vehicles or aircraft. Moth, insect, rodent or vermin damage covered up to US $500 for both Commercial & Household goods for up to $5,000 per tenant..
Please read the actual StoreSafe Addendum for details:
The StoreSafe Lease Addendum:
This document is an addendum to and should be read in conjunction with our rental/lease agreement and will only apply where you have requested inclusion of your property in our Tenant Protection Program and we have received the required fee. The full true total value of the goods must be maintained at an adequate level throughout the period of storage.
Terms and Conditions
STORESAFE LEASE PROGRAM WILL ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR GOODS STORED UP TO THE DECLARED REPLACEMENT VALUE UNDER THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Stated Value is defined as the full replacement value of your property that is stored. The Stated Value cannot exceed $5,000 unless confirmed in writing by Owner. An increase in the Stated Value will result in a higher Rental Fee.
1. The StoreSafe Program: If you purchase the StoreSafe Program, Owner shall retain, rather than extinguish, liability it may have for the loss or damage to your stored goods up to your STATED VALUE of goods stored. The liability of the Owner under this StoreSafe Program shall be for loss or damage that occurs as a result of the Owner’s negligence or as a result of acts or omissions for which the Owner is liable under the law, including but not limited to vicarious liability, intentional tort, strict liability, and breach of common law or statutory duty and otherwise not excluded under the StoreSafe Program. Owner will accept liability for actual physical loss of or damage to your stored property caused by: a) Fire, smoke, lightning, explosion, windstorm, hurricane, tornado, water damage (damage caused by flood is not covered); b) Theft, vandalism or malicious mischief (thefts need to show forcible and violent signs of entry into a securely locked space and must be accompanied by a police report), riot, strike, civil commotion; c) Subsidence, building collapse, falling objects, weight of snow, ice or sleet; d) Impact of aircraft or vehicles; e) Moth, insect, rodent or vermin (up to $500 only)
2. StoreSafe Program limit: The most the Owner will pay for loss or damage to your stored goods under the StoreSafe Program is the STATED VALUE above. The Owner has no liability for loss of or damage to Occupant’s stored goods beyond the STATED VALUE agreed to by Owner under the StoreSafe Program purchased by you.
3. Goods not covered under the StoreSafe Program: The Owner will not pay for loss of or damage to goods that are in the open and not in a locked fully enclosed storage space; accounts, bills, currency, deeds, evidence of debt, securities, money, or notes; any goods you are not permitted to store under the terms of the Lease Agreement; jewelry, watches, precious or semi-precious stones and stamps (exceeding $500 combined total); furs, antiques, works of art, mobile phones, perfumery, wines, cigars, spirits and the like (exceeding $15,000.00 combined total); consumer and commercial electronic items exceeding $15,000 in total; stolen goods or contraband; livestock, explosives and flammables. The StoreSafe Program does not cover motor vehicles, boats or other property if stored outdoors.
4. Losses not covered under the StoreSafe Program: a) Loss or damage to Occupant’s stored goods caused by flood; surface water, underground water, storm, surge, waves, tidal water or overflow from any body of water, water that backs up through or overflows from a sewer drain or sump, mold, mildew, or wet or dry rot; b) Terrorist attack, war or military action; c) Loss or damage resulting from unknown or mysterious causes; d) Consequential loss of any kind or description; e) Nuclear reaction, radiation or radioactive, biological or chemical contamination; f) Moths, insects, rodents or vermin damage (if over $500); g) Loss of data records other than the cost of blank data carrying materials; h) Earthquake.
5. The amount Owner will pay if there is a loss: For any single loss or damage covered under the StoreSafe Program, Owner will be required to repair the item, if repair is possible and where it is economical to do so. In the event of the total loss or destruction of any item, the basis of payment shall be the cost of replacing the item as new, provided that the item is substantially the same as but not better than the original when new. Owner may decide to offer payment instead of cost to repair or replace. In no event will Owner pay more than the StoreSafe Program STATED VALUE contained in this addendum. a) Household linen and clothing: Owner will not pay for new replacement and will take into consideration the age, quality, degree of use and market value of any lost or damaged item(s); b) Documents: Where there is loss of or damage to documents, Owner will pay the reasonable costs of reprinting and/or reasonable costs of reissue and or reconstitution including, where applicable, fresh research or exploration to obtain essential information; c) Pairs and sets: Where any items are part of a pair or of a set, payment shall only be for the actual items which are lost or damaged. No payment will be made for any items which are part of a pair or set which are not lost or damaged.
6. Failure to pay rent: The StoreSafe Program may not cover any damages or losses for any month that the StoreSafe Program is not timely paid in full for the month. At Owner’s sole discretion, your participation in the StoreSafe Program may be reinstated upon payment of all rent and other charges due and owing, unless any loss or damage has occurred during the period of non-payment.
7. Participation termination: Participation in the StoreSafe Program may be canceled by you upon ten (10) days written notice to Owner. The StoreSafe Program may be canceled by Owner upon thirty (30) days written notice to you (unless terminated earlier by rent non-payment).
8. Time limit for notice and submission of claim paperwork: Notice of loss and/or damage must be made to Owner at the time of the discovery of loss or damage to your property or at the time of the removal of your property from the unit, whichever is the soonest. Occupant must complete and submit all pertinent claims paperwork within 30 days of discovery date in order for loss to be reviewed. If Occupant fails to submit all paperwork within 30 days, then a claim will not be opened and no payment will be made.
9. Modifications to StoreSafe Program: The terms and conditions of the StoreSafe Program are subject to change at the option of Owner upon thirty (30) days prior written notice. If so changed, the Occupant may terminate the StoreSafe Program on the effective date of such change by giving the Owner ten (10) days prior written notice of termination after receiving notice of the change. If the Occupant purchases the StoreSafe Program the next month, the change shall become effective on the date stated in the Owner’s notice and shall apply thereafter. Occupant is obligated to notify Owner if there is any change to the STATED VALUE otherwise Occupant warrants that the value is accurate.
10. Cooperation: As a condition to any payment under the StoreSafe Program, Occupant must cooperate with any licensed adjuster appointed by Owner to review Occupant’s alleged loss or damage.
11. The Lease Agreement: All terms and conditions of the Lease Agreement not specifically modified by the StoreSafe Lease Addendum are in effect and binding to both Owner and Occupant, and are incorporated by reference herein.
NOTICE: This is not an insurance policy and the Owner is not an insurance company. The Owner shall perform the obligations described in this addendum. The Owner assumes this business risk on its own, but it may purchase insurance coverage to transfer part or all of the liability retained under the StoreSafe Program.